Features Oil & Gas Exploration/Distribution

Chika Onwuekwe – Trican

Est. reading time: 4 mins

When large trucks sit idling at a well site, they not only guzzle diesel and money but dump pollutants into the air. Yet, due to regulations and the dangers at sites, the trucks couldn’t be turned off. This was an issue for companies like Trican Well Service Ltd. that wanted to slash emissions. As far […]

Brady Long – Transocean

Est. reading time: 5 mins

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, about 80 percent of the world’s oceans have yet to be explored. But Transocean is more familiar with the other 20 percent than most other companies around the world. So says Brady Long, the company’s executive vice president and general counsel. After all, it’s his job to […]

Maria Echenique – Hytech

Est. reading time: 5 mins

Underneath the arid, hot sands of the Salado River Valley in the Neuquén Basin of Argentina rests a geological formation that dates back to the late Jurassic, early Cretaceous period. Geologist Charles Edwin Weaves discovered it and published a paper on it in 1931. Trapped in the nearly 4,000-foot thick and 12,000-square-mile wide rock are […]

Keith Benson – U.S. Development Group LLC

Est. reading time: 5 mins

It’s a long way from Alberta’s oil sands-rich prairie to the Texas Gulf Coast refineries and terminals most capable of handling the heavy crude from the north. Pipelines and railroad are the primary connectors, but both entail risk. Pipelines can burst or spring leaks, and freight trains may derail. At least the risks are being […]

Ryan T. Kackley – Zavanna, LLC

Est. reading time: 5 mins

What’s an oil and gas production company to do when it can no longer drill for oil? That’s the crisis Zavanna was facing around 2013. Although headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Zavanna primarily operates in North Dakota’s Williston Basin. From 2007 to 2017, the company grew from the 100th largest producer of oil and natural gas […]


I was honored to be the subject of an article. I enjoy reading Vanguard articles and seeing how other attorneys got to their positions and see their jobs. It's also interesting to see how different law firms partner with the subjects of the articles.
– Henry Marquard, in-house counsel, Stanley Consultants Inc.
It was a great honor to be featured in Vanguard Law. Working with every member of the team, from the initial interview with Erin Clark, through production with Victor Martins, writing the article with Taryn Plumb and creating the final content with Dave Gushee, was a true pleasure. Everyone was very professional, enthusiastic and supportive, and their creative approach and positive attitude clearly came through in the final product.
– Kevin C. Rakowski, Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, Compliance with Radian Group Inc.
As promised in advance, my feature in Vanguard has increased my visibility within the profession and prompted more than a few people I have not communicated with recently to reconnect. One of the Italian law firms I have used in the past is now in the process of interviewing me for an article on their website and tweeting out the feature story. Activity and the number of people connecting with me on LinkedIn has soared, which is great. The Vanguard writers and editorial staff were great to work with—highly professional and made the effort to make the experience both fun and rewarding (they were also respectful of the time pressures and demands all lawyers face). I was very pleased with the experience and the final outcome. Needless to say, I have been very pleased. All in all working with Vanguard has been a very positive experience which generated good publicity for both Shawcor and myself. My sincere thanks.
– Tim Hutzul, General Counsel, ShawCor Ltd.
The piece highlighting my company, Bob Baker Enterprises, Inc., came out fabulous. Our company is in the new and used car sales and service industry. Everyone was great to work with and extremely professional. They produced a high-quality product and have provided expert assistance and guidance post-production of the article.
– Wade Poulson, General Counsel, Bob Baker Enterprises Inc.


Spring III 2024



  • * We’ll never share your email or info with anyone.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.